My First REAL Job

This is about the experiences I've had as a college student making my way into the full-time working world.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

From Sneakers to Heels


Now that I've been working at my new job for two weeks I've discovered a whole new kind of discomfort.

I have to dress up for my position as a gallery assistant. I wear black pants, dress shirts, and heels. This is a huge change from my everyday holey jeans, grungy t-shirts, and sneakers. I'm enjoying how nice I look now, and the excuse to wear all of my fancy earrings.

My feet haven't been as grateful for the new look though. The heels I wear are pinching my two smallest toes together, and today my left foot went numb towards the end of the day. I figured I could handle heels because I normally wear them on weekends when I go out. I've sported heels dancing at clubs, but apparently the day-in and day-out stress of heels takes its toll on pinky toes.

I've got a choice to make now. I could keep suffering and hope that my toes will eventually give in and get used to they’re new deformity, or I could sacrifice couture for comfort and invest in some thicker soles. I would wear flats, but all of my pants are too long. I could have my pants hemmed, but I don't have the money. It's a dilemma.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Blogger taekwondomom said...

Ouch!
Aren't there some COMFORTABLE heels out there? I guess being on your feet all day at work is different from going out in the evening in heels.

Hope you figure it out. Keep on blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home